Monday, January 02, 2006

Room Mate - Kofa

The Room mate. Kofa and I met through my cousin. He dated her for a very long time and I eventually got to know him. He was a Dj as well and so we hit it off. Eventually I ended up landing a weekly gig in the city so I enlisted his help. We had a blast and grew closer together. The gig eventually dried up and we went back to our normal lives when suddenly, my sweet Angelika broke up with me and moved out. A 2 bedroom apartment for one guy is just way too big. I called him up, he agreed to take the room, and we've been room mates ever since. Probably the best room mate anyone can ask for. He keeps my head up and my ass in the gym. He also has strange theories about women, that seem to work. He shares the same passion for music as I do, so we can usually be found chillin at the same spots acting stupid. Kofa is notoriously famous for his advice, the one piece of advice that has become a centerpiece of my single life is as follows:

“See you surround yourself with women and you start to become in tune with their needs. You begin to understand what they look for and what they’re about. I’m not talking about surrounding yourself with bitches you want to smash (that’s ghetto speak for girls you would like to have sex with), I’m talking about some platonic ones in there as well. You build a basketball team of ladies. Here’s the lay out. The ‘Point Guard’ is the one chick you trust. She’s like the coach, she knows about all your other chicks and she gives you the advice you need to make headway. The ‘Shooting Guard’ is the chick you got the best shot with. She’s not necessarily the one you want to be with, but you know that if you worked it just a little it would be in the bag. The ‘Center’ is the girl that steals the spot light. The one you are most interested in. This is the one that you’re really working on. The ‘Small Forward’ is the full on rebounder. This is the one that fills the voids. Need some one to talk to you when your feeling like a bitch, call her. Need some one to stroke your ego, call her. You get me? Lastly you got the ‘Power Forward’, also known as the friend with benefits. You keep this network of ladies around you and you will have it all figured out in no time. You’ll be killin it son… KILLIN IT!.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home